08 September 2010

Nihal Kececi


1. Where and how would you display your work in an ideal situation?
In an ideal situation, I would like to display my art at the professional art galleries. There are not many of them in our area.

2. If expository writing is good at elucidating and proving a point and
descriptive geometry gives us the tools by which to map objects in space
in relation to one another, what kind of an apparatus does art afford us?
What does art do best?
I have learned that a painting can create a great connection with another soul in a second without knowing anything about it. Expository writing does that as well. It is matter of interaction time. In addition, the creative processes can be supported by explicit or implicit intelligences of writer and/or painter. Paintings are a form of the creative process. I create without knowing.

3. What can you expect from your audience/fans/viewing public? What would you
like them to know about your work?
I am an intuitive artist. I do not look at an object and then paint. I do not make a plan before painting. I do not know what I am painting until the painting is finished. The titles and meaning of the paintings comes after the canvas is completed. Don't ask how do I know when the canvas is completed. I do not an answer for it.

4. Marcel Duchamp said - "Enough with retinal art!" What is your reaction as an artist to this statement?
Love it...... good art should touch viewer mind, heart and soul.... not only the eye...

5. Do you think that there is still room for art movements in today's
pluralistic climate?
Talking about today's art movements is a challenging task for me. I do read Art Collector Magazine on a regular basis and follow up with what the leading galleries, coast to coast, tell us is hot in their gallery and with the latest trends in their city. Based on this knowledge, I would say it is possible to have art movements today.

I also like what Marcel Duchamp said: "I don't believe in art, I believe in Artist. "

6. What is one question you wished we had asked you about your art? Please
feel free to answer it.
Why do I paint?

Nihal has current shows at the National Children's Hospital, the Touchstone Art Gallery  in DC, the Blueberry Art Gallery in Alexandria, and the Howe Street Art Gallery in Vancouver.

She also has several shows coming up:
  1. Bistro Blanc...Restaurant and Wine Lounge.... Solo show /Opening in September 30.
  2. Art on the Avenue...Alexandria... October 2
  3. Art Market...Alexandria...........November 6
  4. Solo show at the Touchstone Art Gallery (DC)   ....January 2011
  5. Solo show at the Blueberry Art Gallery (Alexandria/Virginia)......February 2011
  6. DC Metropolitan Art Expo/ Gaylord National Hotel at National Harbor  ... March 26 - 27, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment