1. Where and how would you display your work in an ideal situation?
2. If expository writing is good at elucidating and proving a point and descriptive geometry gives us the tools by which to map objects in space in relation to one another, what kind of an apparatus does art afford us? What does art do best?
3. What can you expect from your audience/fans/viewing public? What would you like them to know about your work?
For the second part of the question, I wouldn't like the viewer to know much or have any preconceived ideas about my artwork since I believe that artwork and in this case my artwork should speak on its own rather than me standing next to it and explaining it to the passers by or other form of explanation.
4. Marcel Duchamp said - "Enough with retinal art!" What is your reaction as an artist to this statement?
5. Do you think that there is still room for art movements in today's pluralistic climate?
Yes, as long as there are thinkers, there will be art movements. I actually think of myself or my philosophies on art, my views and making art as my own school of thought.
6. What is one question you wished we had asked you about your art? Please feel free to answer it.
Most of the time, I try with my answers to cover the main picture that my art illustrates or conveys. Thus, in this regard, I can't think of a particular question that I would have liked to be asked.
Opening Reception: Thursday, March 17, 7–9PM
Celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the Annual Strathmore Artist Juried Exhibition.
February 26, 2011 - April 2, 2011
THE MANSION AT STRATHMORE
Free and Open to the Public
For more information call (301) 581-5125
The Mansion at Strathmore
10701 Rockville Pike
North Bethesda, MD 20852-3324
Title: "Vian Shamounki Borchert's Expressionist Journey of Multi Media"
Artwork is on display at the City of Gaithersburg's Kentlands Mansion Gallery (2nd Floor) from January 27, 2011 until March 27, 2011.
The Kentlands Mansion is located at:
320 Kent Square Road in Gaithersburg, Maryland 20878
Gallery hours: Monday - Friday from 9AM - 4PM
For a viewing appointment please call: 301-258-6394 or 301-258-6425